Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Galaxy Florals!


 Hi! These are a few pictures of an outfit (which is also a little tutorial on how I style loud, printed leggings if you're not so sure about them) which I wore when I was down in Edinburgh over Easter time - I love it because even though its a big, noisy city its still beautiful, it has cobbled streets and tiny closes, and any number of gorgeous tiny little shops when you get away from the big - but still great - highstreet shops.
The photos were taken in a little apartment we were staying in, which was located bang in the centre of the Royal Mile, directly opposite Giles Cathedral - I wish I could have stayed for more than just two nights!

This outfit is a more dressed-up take on a knit jumper and leggings - but that means its still really comfortable!  There's a lot of colour in the leggings, and the jumper is bright, crazy pink - the camera doesn't do it justice!  But if you're not as much of a fan as I am of bright colours (or pink!) then you could easily tone this down with a cooler blue or go for a soft grey, like the colour of my boots.


These leggings are amazing - I found them in the H&M sale for something like £5 - they have a black background, with lots of gorgeous flowers; I especially love the purple blooms, they look almost magical with the green to set them off - if you were to take galaxy print into flower form, this would be it!  The only thing about them is that I would recommend wearing a pair of black tights or leggings underneath them to keep you warm and/or protect your dignity as they are quite thin - but for the price I paid, I can forgive them that!  They're still floral, but a bit different, less girlie, less demure than traditional spring flower prints, which is why I love them - you could also wear these all year round because of the dark colours, florals are not just for spring!


I'm wearing my boots from Next again (you can see them in my previous post - I do have other shoes, I promise!) since they're so comfy (the heel is 9cm, but the sole/platform is pretty thick) and I like the contrast with the girlie pink and floral pattern, they toughen up the outfit - but I also think that this would go really nicely with pink or black heeled shoes instead of boots, however this was Edinburgh in March, and I wanted to keep my feet warm!


You can see my pink jumper better here - its also from H&M, another sale purchase for a bargain £7!  I've paired it with a beautiful silky white shirt (which I have to also say is from H&M, and also from the sale a year or so ago - I promise I'm not sponsored, haha!) and if you look closely a necklace peeking out from underneath the collar: a rose-gold coloured one  - I think statement necklaces look really cute from under a shirt collar, it can make it much less boring!

I went for simple dark brown eyes and black liner (Rimmel's gel liner - it really has staying power throughout the whole day, and is so easy to apply, with the same finish as a liquid liner, so I can cheat!).  On my lips is the red shade of Rimmel's 'Apocalips', which shows up in the picture as a little orangey, but if actually a very pretty, vintage, extremely bright red - this has great staying power, but bleeds like crazy if you don't use a lip-liner, but friends have told me this is less of a problem with the lighter shades.

Thanks for reading!  Please leave me a comment to tell me what you're loving at the moment :)

 xxx Bexx

No comments:

Post a Comment